Monday 15 December 2014

Week Thirty Nine: Yalla Yalla

Week Thirty Nine


  Welcome again readers and I am pleased to say I think I have finally gotten over the writers block.  Thank goodness for that.  The eagle eyed readers out there have been keen to point out how far behind I am.  That is being rectified and it will be up to date before year end.  The race is on.

  This week saw only the one place visited so a nice and short one for you guys to read.  Complaints at the length of the blogs being to long have been noted also.

Special guests include: Ellie Stimpson, Laura Cramphorn, Sophie Avent and Mike Sedcole



Summary of Yalla Yalla

Name: Yalla Yalla

Type: Lebanese Restaurant

Location: 12 Winsley Street, Oxford Circus, London, W1W 8HQ

Date Visited: 01/10/14

Price: Superb

Rating: 4.1/5

Review

  Cramphorn was back home from Kenya for a month and she was keen to feature on the blog again.  She booked us all a table at a Lebanese restaurant near Oxford Circus which she had highly recommended.  Gabriel was unable to join us so it was four of us for dinner with Stimpo and Sophie Avent, which was nice as I hadn't seen for a number of years.  Anyway back to the dinner as it's not a journal.  

  This restaurant is conveniently located a short walk away from Oxford Circus, on a nice quiet street set back away from Oxford Street.  The place has a very buzzy atmosphere about it as soon as you walk through the door and thats probably helped due to a similar seating policy as wagamas.  There are effectively a lot of big nice wooden tables dotted around, with numerous different groups accompanying the same table.  This I think helps to create that buzz you want to have when eating at a restaurant.  

Girls night out


 The staff were incredibly friendly too.  In fact the whole place has a great feel to it and as soon as you walk through the entrance, you're at the bar and greeted by a grinning (but not in a creepy way) member of staff.  

  On to the food and I must say that didn't disappoint too. We all went for the traditional approach when ordering Lebanese, get a lot of dishes and share amongst us all.  The dishes came quickly and were very tasty indeed.  I was a little apprehensive before it arrived, as the girls seemed keen to order a few dishes which included the words spicy and chilli in them.  They weren't spicy at all, which was good and makes think that I may be training myself up in the spice world?  Who'd of thought it.

  The dishes were all fantastic and is a place I really recommend going to if you work near here. Also a classic date spot I reckon for the Lothario's amongst the readers.  The dishes in particular that  I liked were the Hommos Shawarma, which was chickpea puree topped with marinated thin slices of lamb fillet.  It was beaut.  The falafels were also superb it must be said.  However my favourite was the Soujoc.  This is somewhat surprising considering these are home made spicy Lebanese sausages with tomato, parsley and lemon juice.  I told you I am training myself up.

Here is the bill.  Decent effort.

  To conclude, a restaurant I highly recommend visiting for the Lebanese lovers.  Well priced too at £31 a head all in.





Special Shoutout
Winner: Mike Sedcole
This week goes to another loyal reader who I feel deserves the recognition.  I receive a weekly phone call from this man giving me honest, sometimes brutal, feedback on each weeks blog entry.  Your support is much appreciated and I hope to see you feature more frequently on this blog.  Well done buddy and keep the feedback coming.



Poem Advice

Yalla Yalla off Oxford Street,
A cracking Lebanese place
All the staff nice and friendly,
With Cheshire grins on their face


  Told you it was a nice and short entry folks.  Another will be published in a few days with a nice trip to the Circus.  Thanks for the read.




Remember to do the three most important things:

Like

Share

Subscribe




See you next week fans


X



Follow me on Twitter @jackgravestock

No comments:

Post a Comment