Sunday 12 January 2014

Week One: Embargo

Week One

First week in 2014 and it was a dull one.  January unfortunately is the month where everyone decides to become total morons for 31 days.  The term 'dry Jan' dominates news feeds and whoever is doing them bloody loves to tell you about it.  I hate dry Jan.

This week I went to Embargoes, it aint cheap!

Summary of the place

Name: Embargo
Type: Nightclub
Location: Embargo 59, 533 Kings Road, London, SW10 0TZ
Date Visited: 11/01/2014
Price: Expensive
Rating: 2/5

Review

To be fair the review of 2/5 is a little harsh as I did leave before midnight and I was rather inebriated.  Blame the neat whisky for that. Lad lad lad.  Went to Jam tree first just around the corner, which I have already been to before, it's ok, not as good as the Clapham Jam Tree though.

Why the low review? Firstly, entry to the nightclub was £15, that is outrageous.  Secondly, two G + T's came to £27, that at the time seemed rather extortionate. There wasn't many people there, again it was before 12 so cant complain too much, and I wasn't overly impressed with the venue.  I don't think the venue matches the price tag.

  Overall, I wouldn't recommend the venue but in its defence it hadn't got busy and it hadn't properly kicked off.  I also didn't give it a fair crack as I was in there for under two hours. That said you've got to keep the Partyman interested.

Probably will go back again and give it a proper go.  Advice: If you do go here make sure you get tanked up heavily before going to reduce costs.  Aggressive pre lash is what I would suggest. 

See you next week fans

x

No comments:

Post a Comment