Wednesday 19 February 2014

Week Six: Bodeans

Week Six


  This week looked at one stage to have all ingredients of being one of the best I've had for new places.  Unfortunately it was not to be, as convenience got the better of my adventerous side and I found myself at three rather familiar establishments over the weekend.  Tooting Tram and Social, Infernos and its inseparable twin Mcdonalds to name them.

  No new place on Friday as, despite the numerous offers and the many kind cards I received, I decided to stay in on Valentines Day and play the Logos board game instead.  It is not a good board game if you are wondering.  Any I digress, the new place this week was left late until Sunday lunch time where I stepped into the Bodeans restaurant on Clapham High Street for the first time.  Special guests include Jamie Collins, Tom Goldwater, Chris Hazell (my biggest fan), Tom Grimes and Will Matthews.

Summary of Bodean's BBQ Restaurant

Name: Bodean's BBQ Restaurant
Type: BBQ Restaurant. 
Location: 169 Clapham High Street, Clapham, London, SW4 7SS
Website:  http://www.bodeansbbq.com
Date Visited: 16/2/14
Price: Marvellous
Rating: 3.5/5

Review

  Sunday morning had arrived and I began to panic.  A new place had not been conquered and time was running out.  Luckily my good friends, like myself, were hungry and keen to make use of the unexpected appearance of the glaring sun.  After a tube journey of bickering and an indecisive walk out of Clapham South tube, eventually we all agreed upon Bodean's.

  Now this place was pretty top notch I have to say.  Yes we did have to wait half an hour and yes they might have prematurely called us from our seats in Starbucks to say our table was ready, when it wasn't, which cost me the remaining three quarters of my Large Strawberries and Cream Frappucino.  That said the Frappucino had given me two difficult spells of brain-freeze which is never an enjoyable experience on a hungover. Out again were you Jack? Sure.

Once over this small set back I could have no complaints.  The service was quick, efficient and pleasant.  What more could they do to please me? Well funny you should ask that as my Iphone had run out of battery unexpectedly, but don't worry, this establishment had a spare charger.  This goes down very well with me.   All places should have spare Iphone 4 chargers for their customers.  (Top tip to get you extra points on this blog). 

  Jugs of tap water were ordered and what more they did not come with the waiters giving disapproving looks over us which was appreciated. Now for the food and I went for the pulled pork burger which came with chips (which were not as good as last week) and some tasty creamy sauce I forget the name off.  The burger was awesome.  Did the bun hold its shape and last the whole meal? You bet it did...with ease.  It might well of been stuffed with extortionate amounts of pulled up pork and filling but it wasn't remotely phased.  After the disappointment of last week, my faith in South London burgers has been restored. Were the chips overcooked? Maybe but the table disagreed so I'll give the kitchen the benefit of doubt this time. 

  The bill arrived and when it came to £9.50, including tip (I paid 10 because I'm such a bloody generous tipper), I was thrilled.  In all honesty, you have to admit it that is bloody good value.  Sure the jugs of tap water helped to keep the cost down but hey, I wasn't up for an alcoholic beverage after going out Friday and Saturday night. Stop it.

I recommend this chain...thoroughly enjoyed it.

Poem Advice

The Bodean's restaurant in Clapham
Is part of a London based chain
But that doesn't stop it being awesome
To call the food crap is insane


Again I can only apologise for only going to one place and for that distinctly average poem.  My worst yet, I bet.... 
 
Unfortunately I didn't take any photos this week so here is a plug of the burger I ate:
 
 
Fairly random
 
See you next week fans

x

Follow me on Twitter @jackgravestock

No comments:

Post a Comment