Monday 10 February 2014

Week Five: Kafana

Week Five

Week five was fairly quiet for new places.  Only one place and it was extremely disappointing so don't worry this will be a short(ish) and boring(unlikely) read.  Special guests this week include Will Matthews, Murphy, Loz, Malaktos, Tariq, Tedstone, Oli and Nix.  It was a lively brunch indeed.


Summary of Kafana Cafe

Name: Kafana
Type: Restaurant, bar and cafe. 
Location: Fulham, London
Website: http://www.kafana.co.uk/
Date Visited: 8/2/14
Price: Unjust 
Rating: 2/5

Review


  I woke up Sunday morning on a friends sofa freezing cold with a 'slight' headache after a fairly large night (such a lad).  I needed some food to fuel my day and some coffee to straighten me out.  Rumours were spreading like wild fire that there was a congregation (group of friends) forming at a nearby cafe called Kafana.  Perfect, get in!  I arrived with my compadre William and we sat down with our fellow amigos.  Orders were taken and eyebrows raised when informed off that to add Cheese and Bacon it would set us back an extra £2.  'Nevermind, it must be a good burger,' I thought.  My cappuccino arrived and it all started to go a bit south from there.  

  Now it may sound strange to complain about a coffee being too hot but this Cappuccino was scolding!  It burnt my tongue! Taste buds gone! My steak burger then arrived which, quite frankly, was a travesty.  The burger was too big for the bun, again a strange complaint, and the bun simply couldn't handle it.  Mainly because it was too over-packed.   In the end the bun just didn't have the metal and  fell to the pressure collapsing into a sorry state onto my plate.  Joke. This meant I had to eat the thing with a knife and fork.  This should never happen when eating burger, never!  

Why have I rated this as a 1.8 then? Well the waiter was a nice guy, the conversation was good value and the chef nailed the chips. Exceptional.  If you go here make sure you don't order the steak burger, it was a horror show.  Average quality too.

Poem Advice

Kafana was disappointing
The burger was very poor
An unsatisfied Partyman
Departed through the door


Sorry there wasn't more to tell guys but don't worry....week six looks busy!

See you next week fans

x

Follow me on Twitter @jackgravestock

No comments:

Post a Comment